The Revolution will not be Televised (One Shot)

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

The Revolution will not be Televised (One Shot)

Post by Mir »

The Revolution will not be Televised

It was a darkened room. Different from the lights and flash of the outside world. The meeting was one held in the shadows but one that was going to affect the light. There was pulsing music, muted in the background. Rhythms of snare drums melded with kick drums producing a powerful backdrop for the meeting. The two men were silent, as they had been for some time. Probably because the thoughts preoccupying them were heavy and ponderous. What they had met to talk about and contemplate, these were serious issues. The silence had been going on for some time.

Finally, one of the two broke it.

“Do you think it can be done?” One man asked.

“Anything can be done.” The other said, his accent more European when compared to the first speaker’s own. There was a similarity between the two, that was for sure, though in vocal accent there was a difference. Both seemed…animal, ready to strike at a moment’s notice. They weren’t antagonists, but they were ready to fight. “The question is not can it be done. The question is: are you willing to do what it takes to get it done.” The shadows hid his expression but it was a smile, a ruthless smile of a predator. “Only when you can answer that question, only then, will you know the truth you seek.”

“I can do what it takes.” The man said. “I’m not concerned about that. I’ll kill if need be. I’ll kill all of them.”

There was a chuckle. “You may need to. But I would say that you need to decide quickly. You have more allies than you think. The King is away, doing God knows what. The people are trying to rebuild. You brother-“

“He’s not my brother.”

“Right. But he is away, and the people need a leader. You should be that leader.”

“Huuk, you need to understand something.” M’ume said, leaning forward. “I don’t need you to tell me what I should or should not do.” He said as the other man held a hand up in abeyance. “I am the rightful King of Wakanda. The crown should have passed to me after my father’s passing. Bast chose T’Shon. Bast chose poorly. I did not come to you because I want to know what I should do. I came to you because I want to know what you will do for me.”

“Alright, alright. I understand.” Huuk said, reaching up and smoothing the tie he wore. He took the time out to smooth wrinkles from the vest he had on over his dress shirt. “I have an acquaintance. I’ve used him for other things in the past. His name is Faraday. Apollo Faraday. He’ll help you but he’ll want to be paid. As will I.” Huuk stated, matter-of-factly. “Regime change is costly.

M’ume waved his hand as if this concern of Huuk’s was immaterial. Of course, to a man such as M’ume who had his eye to the future, such a concern was immaterial. Money would be no object after all. “When I am the King of Wakanda, I will have access to the only source of Vibranium in the entire world. You will be paid, have no fears.”

“You forget that business is my forte. I’m a very successful arms dealer for a reason. As you and I both know, Isaiah Muir holds the contract for worldwide distribution.” Huuk said. “He won’t take it lightly if you alter the deal. You can crow all you want about Wakandan sovereignty, but T’Shon signed an iron clad contract. It’s not like Muir doesn’t have the bankroll to take you to court with the WTO. Even still though, you’re talking about after the fact. That’s later in the game. You can’t expect me to frontload the cost, old boy, that’s not going to work.”

“Isaiah Muir’s contract will be dealt with.” M’ume said. “As to payment in the interim, I have been in contact with someone who will fund this plan.”

Huuk smiled and nodded. “I’d heard you’d spoken to Valentina Page." He wagged a finger at M'ume. Are you sure you want this that badly? The Kingship, I mean. Revenge is one thing. I can understand revenge. But what you're asking is something else entirely. This isn't revenge. It's burning everything to the ground. In that vein, Hydra is not an organization that gives away money easily. You want to be King, but do you want to be in Madame Viper’s pocket?” He asked.

“You let me worry about Hydra. Do we have a deal?” He asked, rising and extending his hand.

James Huuk paused and considered for a moment before reaching up and shaking the other man’s hand. “Between you and me though, I heard T’Shon killed you during that fight you had to determine who would be King. How did you come back from the grave?”

“A question for another time.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Apollo Faraday looked out over Birnin Zana. The capital of Wakanda was alive and throbbing. Rebuilding from Dr. Doom’s attack was still ongoing but was progressing. A perfect place for a man such as he to do his work. He stood on the balcony of a hotel, his eyes taking it all in. Wakanda was an amazing place. A place he had longed to visit, had longed to work in. The Black Panther made sure the city and the country was safe.

But the Black Panther had not been home in some time.

He fished his cell phone out of his pocket as it buzzed. He answered the burner phone. “What did he say?”

“He said yes.” Huuk replied over the phone. “Get ready. We’re starting tomorrow.”