Shadow War: Update

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Mand'alor

Shadow War: Update

Post by Cadden »

Hear ye, hear ye! All those involved, please read what is about to be said.

By no later than mid-May, I will be fully intending on launching the final event of (this part of) the Shadow War: the Battle of Ossus! This has been a long time in the planning, with many cuts that had to be made to expedite things and put it back on track for my planned ending. Everything on my end has been squared away, and I wanted to give all those involved a clear opportunity to get their affairs in order for this climactic event.

What has happened? I just made three(!) posts in the course of one night, directly leading up to this battle. Cazzik Wyn has discovered that Darth Trayus is Cadden Blackthorne, and has shared this information with the Jedi Council, who will do with it what they will. Pending whatever they decide (by Darth Trayus's reckoning, the information will likely spread, but that's just his assumptions speaking and not foretelling what will actually happen), will determine if/how others may receive this information. It's all on them, now, not me. 'Cause, you know, that's how I roll.... :P

The Battle of Ossus is meant to be one that will somewhat mimic the generic Battle of Endor setting, for the most part. I do believe all those involved are privvy to the necessary details, but I will allow open discussion here to clear the air if necessary. There is a little more than one month to make sure it's all squared away in proper order. However, Ossus will remain untouched (or at the very most largely untouched) by this battle. Unless the Jedi RPers want otherwise, but I doubt that. I'm fine either way. My intention here isn't for another Onderon, but for the closing moments of the Darth Trayus story arc. This is the biggest piece of information to take away from it, aside from the eventual surprise failure of the Crimson Empire attack and the Jedi chasing down Darth Trayus to end this, once and for all.

So, now you know... and knowing is half the battle! G. I... what? Oh, yeah, so anyway... for those of you that need to get caught up, this is your chance. I will provide whatever I need to to make sure we're all in line, and I apologize if I just gave a bunch of people a crunch-time heart attack. As many, most, or all of you know, I've been wanting to close this bit of my story out for quite some time, and when push comes to shove, I can be quite pushy. :)

Feel free to ask any relevant questions, though I will not divulge any plot critical details beyond Ossus if I had not already before (and yes, I will look before I reply, so don't think you're fooling me ;)).
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
Pryngles

Re: Shadow War: Update

Post by Pryde »

I think Ossus will be coming out of this pretty okay. I'm not quite familiar with all the details yet but I know that Beorht described the Temple of the Current as having some fairly strong defenses, much stronger than what Trayus would have found on Onderon. Before this happens I think it might be a good idea for me to read up on the wiki to see what all he has in place. :?
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

I have briefly discussed this with Cadden and have made adjustments accordingly with Aaralyn.

I will be looking to where I need to begin making preparations IC to move Aaralyn into place. I know there are tensions IC wise between Jedi and Aaralyn and I'm sure that will make for some interesting writing overall but anyways that's for another discussion.

I messaged Halomek to get a bit of an update from him since it's been a while for us on Tython.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

It's been a while for everyone in general.

I want to clarify, however, that the reason why it won't be until mid-May or so is because I'm leaving in about a week for some training, and I do not know what my time will be like there, or availability in general. I realized later I did not specify that. I want to be present to keep this moving smoothly, so I'd rather hold it until I get back than start it then disappear for a month.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

I forgot to mention! Any restrictions on revealing Darth Trayus as Cadden Blackthorne are now effectively removed. I know that those I spoke with about this in the past, I told them that I wasn't allowing it until Cazzik found out, but in case you forgot and have been itching to spread the word since!

That said, the Council is off the hook... a little bit... with this. However, I cannot see Malakai being the type to announce Trayus's identity nonchalantly, but since Aaralyn knows, it would be another outlet to spread the word with, for anyone who needs an IC reason to find out.

However, besides the Council, at this very moment very few characters should know the Trayus/Cadden connection. If you have to ask, then you are not one of them. :) So don't be making any excuses to become one. Coordinate with those who have the IC knowledge and work it out between you. I only ask that the finding out is of a realistic manner and not just as a means to "find a way in". (This is my writer's side speaking, mind you, so I hope nobody finds offense in this.)
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

One of my characters did find out at some point, buuut I don't remember which one. I'm sort of thinking it was Faye, maybe, but she pretty much finds out again when it's revealed to the Council so that kind of takes care of that. I'm too lazy to go figure out which one it was plus it's probably buried within walls of text, sooo... Anyway, I was thinking someone on the Council might suggest sharing this information with the Republic since we're trying to be all buddy buddy with them again. It'll probably end up being a major PR issue for us but then again if they find out one of our own is making a ruckus from someone other than us that will probably be an even worse issue, sooo...

Mid-May is good, I still gotta do a head count on who all is on Ossus right now. I know we've got Antarian Rangers there and something called Wardens of the Sky? And, um... Ewoks? I'll leave it up to Mirrodin if the NR is present or not.

"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

There probably is at least one Tak there depending on how I match my own story timing into that. Several Iron Knights, quite a few Patriots from the Jade Empire unless that has changed and I forgot, Gray Paladins, Disciples of Twilight.

At least for permanent occupancy. A random number of representatives from a lot of varying sects, too.

As for the defense, Ember (I think) recovered a rakatan power generator which can use force powers to strengthen the temples shield generator to a ludicrous degree. I think it was Beorht's solution in case... Well, in case something like a Sith attack happens :D Given their proximity to the Sith Empire and such.

The wiki article is pretty accurate actually, me thinks. I'm just fairly sure there's more patriots, unles those pulled out at some point and I forgot.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

There was that issue with Ashin Varanin, awhile ago. I can't remember if all the Patriots pulled out to hunt her or if some of them stayed behind, not sure. :?

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Patriots should still be there. Maybe not as many, but definitely a presence. After the truce that was drawn up between the Sith Empire and the Jade Empire, I'm sure that the numbers have gone back up. Probably not to pre-event levels.

And yes, the NR will be present at the battle.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

You can do with the SE how you need them to work in this story. I don't have the time to commit to RPing any SE stuff, but, maybe I will, actually. Keep me posted.
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

Should be around for SE stuff if needed as well, no worries.

They could offer help, send an armada to defend their new friends the Jedi!

And then, sadly, arrive far too late to safe them. Damn shame. *sighs deeply*
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

I don't think my SE faction, even if it were ready to go, would do anything about it. It would go counter to their way of doing things.