Introduction

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

RaithDuhal

Introduction

Post by RaithDuhal »

Hey guys and gals! Pleasure to meet you all ^_^ Just wanted to introduce myself a bit...been a Star Wars fan basically my whole life! Was a long time veteran of Star Wars Galaxies since launch, and am a gamer in general besides that. Just finished writing my first Star Wars fan fic, and that's what brought me here! looking forward to meeting/chatting with my fellow SW fans ^_^

PalinSoulForge

Re: Introduction

Post by PalinSoulForge »

Glad to see you made it over.

There are a ton of different stuff going on currently. The War of Shadow with Sivi planning to kill everybody and the Jedi/Brotherhood trying to figure out how to stop him. Then you got the Crimson Empire trying to spark a war between the NR and GE who have an uneasy truce with Leia and Thrawn in power of each respective government, on a side arc an Imperial Warlord is creating mischief attacking both the NR and GE posing as the others, couple threads have already been put up like an assassination of a NR senator and other Imperial Naval officers noticing strange stuff like ships being reassigned without them being notified and looking into the matter. The Imperial Knights have just been created, sorta like the Jedi Order but this side is going to be aligned GE.There is a lot of political drama going on within the SE currently if your inclined to that sort of thing. Also I won't say who but an old power is beginning to stir from a very long slumber so keep an eye out for some new threads with old players popping up soon. Green Squadron is trying to get off the ground again if your into starfighter stories. The Mandos have been getting a lot of RP action to if your into the Fetts.

Thats just off the top of my head. I am sure there are a ton of other stories ya might be interested in or perhaps you even might have your own idea for a thread just thought I would throw some options out there for ya.

Also keep an eye on this thread as I am currently updating a "Whats Going On In The Exodus Galaxy" sort of thread.
€╣╬╬╬╬╬╬[◦)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

And just a quick question...is anybody here familiar with Wizard of the Coast's d20 Star Wars Roleplaying Game? Just curious because I have all the books myself ^_^

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Well ain't that just highly coincidental, you've managed to locate the home of what made up the majority of the SWG Roleplaying board pre-launch :)

Welcome to the Exodus, I'm sure the welcome wagon will arrive soon enough but in the meantime feel free to look around and if you have any questions feel free to ask em. Just beware the cake... :lol:

And yes, I have most of those books, they make good writing reference material
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin »

Welcome to our home, Raith! feel free to poke around or ask any questions you might have.
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

"And for one last instance, I'm Human again." - Sergeant Ghost

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

Pleasure to meet you =) Well that's great! Always fun to catch up with people who got to experience the wonder that is/was SWG ^_^ And yeah they certainly are good for that...sometimes I wish I could actually play it though...my one friend who wants to play it is just always busy haha. Oh well =P They did help a bit when I wrote my story! So just a question, can I just post my fan fic from SWTOR.com here? I'd love to get some serious SWG loving fans' opinions ^_^

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Welcome aboard, dude. And yes, go for it, by all means. I'd suggest either the Old Republic Era subforum or the Star Wars: The Stories subforum.

If you're interested, one of the easiest places for new people to get started is the Ossus Jedi Temple thread in the Main Board Timeline.

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

Great! Thanks for the advice ^_^

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Welcome. I have some World of Darkness books. Most of my story/games was about zombies. My younger brother's friends love when I would be GM, they never slept that well after I got done with those stories. Great game to play when your out camping and everyone that is with you knows how to play the game. Good times.

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

I love em, but I've only actually been a part of one game using them and it fell apart do to schedules.

As for your Fan-fic I don't see why you couldn't post it, The Stories Forum would be the most logical locale for it unless you just wanna throw it up here. If it's TOR era you could also post it up in our TOR section. I'd be kinda interested to read.

Zombies huh, you'd probably get on well with Zephere, he loves those kinds of stories, have you read the Deathtroopers book? I've been thinking about picking it up but haven't yet
Last edited by coronhorn on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lost Holocron

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Hello!

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Fo'sho, dude.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

WORLD WAR Z!!!!!!!!

Anyway welcome to the asylum and you will find that we are the chief practitioners of thread hijacking. Enjoy the ride!!!
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

Hey all to have so graciously welcomed me ^_^ That's neat that you did World of Darkness! I'm actually a huge fan of Exalted, I have basically every book they ever printed (another game by White Wolf) and looked into Scion too. Then I just got into post-apocalyptic with Darwin's World, which works off Wizard of the Coast's Modern D20 system....then of course there's SWRPG...and Dungeon's and Dragons...basically I'm a fantasy/RPG addict....although Star Wars is forever my foremost love. So back on topic with my fan fic! I'll put it in the Old Republic section, the title is Nothing But Shadow, I'd love if any/all of you could give it a read, and I'd really love to pick your brains about the story and characters afterward! =) It's real awesome to get some fellow SW hardcore fans opinions! plus you all seem like good people ^_^

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Yeah. We're kind of a big deal.

:D

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin »

just beware of the pie. it lies. :twisted:
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

"And for one last instance, I'm Human again." - Sergeant Ghost

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

Most of us... looks around suspiciously are, there are a few though that you should watch out for.
The Lost Holocron

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Not to point any fingers, but mfhmfhmfhm...

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

Haha, love it! Alright, in the process of sticking my story in the TOR section, chapter by chapter...soooo, who plans on reading it soon? =) I'm drooling for input, my favorite part of writing is discussing it with interested readers!

PalinSoulForge

Post by PalinSoulForge »

Once you get a post up you should create a thread in the OOC: RP forum and link to the two together. Like in the TOR thread place a link at the top to your RP OOC: thread and vise versa so people can leave you input without cluttering your thread.
€╣╬╬╬╬╬╬[◦)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

I'll take a look at it sometime in the next couple of days.

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

Thanks a lot Beorht =) Just finished posting it all! So hopefully you guys like it ^_^

Here's a link to the chat for the story: http://sw-e.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 34#p228434

Here's a link to the story!: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9298&p=228410#p228410
Last edited by RaithDuhal on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Dang, dude, that's long. :D

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

Yeah.....let's just say I started with small ambitions and it took on a life of its own =P Hopefully you like it though! I'd like to think it doesn't drag on... but I'd love to get everybody's opinions!

Archangel
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

Welcome to SWE, RaithDuhal!

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

Thanks Arch =) I just started writing the sequel to my first story ^_^ (Nothing But Shadow, posted in the TOR section...link is in one of the above posts) You guys got me all horny to write again haha

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

I'm looking forward to perusing other people's stories this weekend ^_^! Perhaps my fellow SW loving nerds/dorks/lovers will have some ideas that can spark new ones for my sequel ;)

Insanity's_Spawn

Post by Insanity's_Spawn »

I'm just happy to see so many new faces around. I look forward to RP with you, if you plan to. Got a ways into your fanfic the other day, and got too tired to understand it, so I'm going to try to find my place, it's really very good.

RaithDuhal

Post by RaithDuhal »

Thanks a lot Insanity ^_^ So glad to hear you like it! I just started working on the sequel already, so loving the feedback/responses ^_^ Keep them coming please =)

For any new SWE members to this thread who'd like to check out my story, here's the links again ^_^

Here's a link to the chat for the story: http://sw-e.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 85#p229185

Here's a link to the story!: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9298&p=228410#p228410