The Jedi Temple: Unknown Horizons

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Shaggy
The Rev.

The Jedi Temple: Unknown Horizons

Post by Shaggy »

ooc> old thread found HERE
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki

TalRaimi
'Will finish a thread one day…'

Re: The Jedi Temple: Unknown Horizons

Post by TalRaimi »

“I appreciate it,” Ethan laid a hand on Arice’s shoulder. “And you’re right, Ehlana is strong, she’ll get through this. Now, how about showing me this new technique of yours?”

Arice nodded and began walking towards the med bays exit. “Follow me.”

Falling into step beside the elder Jedi, Ethan cast a quick glance back towards Ehlana’s room. He knew that soon enough he would follow Arice to Dathomir and that once again he would be leaving his family.

Like so many times before.

Briefly he wondered if there was such a thing as a retired Jedi? Could he do it? Simply lay aside his lightsaber and put his family above everything else, even at the expense of the galaxy? He shrugged, finding he didn’t honestly have an answer for that question.
'Would you do it with me, heal the scars and change the stars?'

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Soon Arice and Ethan had picked up Kregor and headed out into the forest. Ethan was finding this all a little perplexing, but Kregor by this point was used to the drill. Arice turned and spoke, "Ethan, I've been practicing this and trying to teach Hood. The Force-negators were created somehow out of Kregor's DNA, now Perem hinted that somehow Kregor has ysmilari genetics. He can create the force-negation field.. Kregor?"

Kregor sat down and started raging to himself. As he did Arice and Ethan felt the force drain away from them, it was like standing in a vacuum, a look of horror grew on Ethan's face. Even standing there was uncomfortable. Arice pointed at a nearby fallen tree. "Try and lift that with the force." Ethan shrugged softly, and though uncomfortable started concentrating and trying to raise the tree a little, but nothing was happening.

Arice closed his eyes and held his hand out, focusing on the tree, and pouring his own life-force into the lift. Slowly the tree groaned, then rose, pulling weeds and roots up as it did. He hovered it for a second then slowly lowered it. Ethan shook his head softly, "How did you....?"

Arice cut him off, "You can do this Ethan, the living breathing force that surrounds us is no longer available. Stretching outwith your feelings will get you nowhere - every normal channel a jedi takes to gain power is now wrong. You have to reach into your self, tap your own life-force. You are a living breathing being, you create the force - now instead of pouring it out into the world you are going to bottle it inside you, then reach inside, tap it... Mould it, weave it together and lift the tree trunk!"

TalRaimi
'Will finish a thread one day…'

Post by TalRaimi »

Taking a deep breath Ethan nodded. “I’ll…” he caught himself before he could finish the sentence.

You’ll what, try? Isn’t there an old saying about that?

Giving Arice a rueful smile he closed his eyes and started to focus. His every instinct screamed a him to reach outwards, but he knew there was nothing there. We’ll, that wasn’t strictly true, the Force was still there, he was simply cut off from it.

So don’t’ reach outward, reach inwards instead.

It took some getting his head round the idea, but the more he thought about it the more it made sense. All living things helped create the Force, and since he was a living thing… Ethan turned his focus inwards, searching for that familiar wellspring of power, but at first he felt nothing. He took another breath, clearing his mind. Gradually the noise of the Temple gardens grew muted, the slow breathing of Arice faded, and he felt almost drowsy as he let his mind drift inwards.

Then he felt something, a familiar power, and he envisioned a piece of metal glinting on the seabed. He dove down towards it, plunging into the sea, but it was like swimming through sludge. He kicked his legs furiously, pumping his arms, until he was just within reach. His body felt like led, his throat burned with the need for air, but he kept going until finally his hand closed on the glinting piece of metal and the Force once more flooded into him…

His eyes shot open in surprise and his focus fled, brining him shooting back to the surface and leaving the Force behind.

“Damn it!” he panted, finding himself once more in the temple grounds, gasping for air. He looked up at Arice then and smiled. “I felt it, that inner wellspring of power. Not that I could hold onto it for more than a second, but I felt it!”

Arice returned his smile. “It’s not easy. But it will come, in time.”

“Yeah well, no time like the present,” Ethan quipped as he took a moment to regain his breath before attempting to try again.

‘Do or do not. There is no try,’ a wise Jedi had once said.

And I intend to ‘do’.
'Would you do it with me, heal the scars and change the stars?'

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Arice walked slowly around Ethan and placed his hands on Ethan's shoulders, and started trying to pour some force-energy into Ethan. Just enough to unlock Ethan's true inner potential, as he did so he spoke, "Reach inside yourself and draw out the power, feel the energy and unleash it."

Ethan's face quivered, he frowned, then a look of calm grew on his face, every muscle relaxed and the log started to lift gently up, Arice released his hands and stood back, "You're doing it! Open your eyes Ethan, you're doing it!"

A smile grew on Ethan's face...

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

As they walked into the council chambers, called for lights. The seats were modeled after those form the old council chambers on Coruscant. Nothing flashy, or over the top as some designers had suggested, Daer'Gunn had wanted to keep the simplicity that the Jedi should represent. The room was also built in the same way as the rest of the temple with various giants trees brought into the the room as parts of the walls. Like the rest of the temple area, Daer'Gunn did not want to destroy the nature around him, he found that counter productive to what the Jedi stand for but instead the built the temple and it's surroundings in with nature.

He took a deep breathe and said "Contact council members." The room instantly came to full life as the computer began to track down and contact the rest of the council. One message came up almost instantly, it was a message from Master Wynn.

"Council Masters, this is Cazzik Wyn. I know I said I would be reporting to you soon, but it looks as though it may take some more time. Master Thul and myself entered Mandalorian space in order to warn them of our new enemy. When we arrived we discovered they were already under attack from what appears to be the Galactic Empire. Current Mandalore, Garen Starfall, has requested our assistance. I have agreed to help them. Once we have pushed back the invaders we will return to the temple. I apologize for our tardiness, Masters. May the Force be with you."

"Well there is one of them, the rest should be coming in shortly."

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

The message that the Jedi named Cazzik Wyn sent to the council peaked Don's interest. The Mandalorians was being attack by the Empire, Isn't the the Mandalorians allied with the Jedi and aren't the Jedi and the Empire under a banner of peace, what is the Empire thinking? This doesn't sound right but on the other hand, the Empire is under a lot of stress, with the recent attacks from the Crimson Empire. The Mandalorians must have done something to provoke the Empire to attack?

Don walked the length of the open space encircled by the council member seats, his hands interlocked behind his back showing that he was at-ease; he turned to face Daer'Gunn and spoke.

"Why is the Empire attacking the Mandalorians?" Don's words were plain as he spoke. “What is the exact relationship between the Jedi Order and Mandalor Starfall…
Are these Mandalorians’ simple contracted soldiers under the employment of the Jedi Order, or are they actual allies to the Order?” Don’s questions were direct; he had no time to waste by beating around the bush.
“If it is the latter, then we can’t aid the Mandalorians in this struggle, we can’t risk war with the Empire.” Don finally said it, which was the worse thing that could happen with the Jedi. A war between the Jedi and the Empire could lead to a war with the New Republic.

A galaxy in open war with each other is a perfect setting for Sivter to unleash his grand scheme...we can't let that happen.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

"the Mandalorians will fight off the Invaders." Alliera said, her voice cold "and if it is indeed the empire, then they will learn that there are things that even the empire cannot have." Alliera's heart was breaking more by the moment, she couldn't help her brothers and sisters on Mandalore. 'and why is the Brotherhood leader so adamant on not helping?' Alliera asked, her suspicions about the Brotherhood doubled.
On the outside Alliera remained as Motionless as a Statue, in the Parade Rest Possition.

"And besides, if the Mandalorians call for help, we are bound by treaty and Honor to help them." Alliera said, looking at don while she said this "or do you want to prove Sivter right?"

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Don let out a long sigh, letting both Alliera and Daer'Gunn know his annoyance as the young girl finish speaking. Don didn't say anything and his only response to the naive girl was him shaking his head in distaste. His locks slapped together as they sway with the movement of his head being moved back and forth; he turned away from the two and peered out one of the view ports that lined the circle interior of the council chambers
Last edited by kashus_Draith on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"The Jedi cannot enter this war either, young Padawan," Jedi Master Faye Ward said as she entered the council chamber. She was not yet completely healed from her injuries but she was able to move around under her own power and she was feeling restless. "As we are bound by duty and honor to assist our allies the Mandalorians we are also bound to assist our allies the Empire. This is not a decision that can be made lightly, or easily for that matter. I'm afraid for the time being the Mandalorians are on their own."

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"What honor is there between us and the empire?" Alliera asked, "were thier stormtroopers i didn't see fighting with us against Sivter?"

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"The Jedi are a force for peace, little one," Faye replied, albeit a bit more firmly this time, "It would be against everything the Jedi stand for to promote war by siding with the Mandalorians in this struggle. The best we could hope for is to negotiate peace between the two factions and that is all you will say on this subject, understand? A Jedi should know her place among her masters."

She gave the girl a hard look and her tone left little room for argument. She hoped that Master Daer'Gunn would not be offended by her reprimand of his pupil.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alliera resented the tone, but didn't show it, as she focused on the Holograms in the room, trying to distract her troubled mind by identifying each one's use...

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Perhaps fortuitously since she was transmitting from inside an Imperial ship, Kalja’s holo coalesced into being shortly after Alliera’s argument. “Please pardon the delay,” she said to everyone assembled. “I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to make this meeting.”

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alliera was Thankfull for the Distraction from her mood, and nodded her greetings to the Jedi Master. Alliera noticed that the Jedi Master looked very young for being a member of the council, but that only enhanced her respect for the jedi.

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Shortly after Faye entered, Herra and another Scribe entered the room along with Acolyte Gattoh. The Three Brotherhood took their position near were Paladin Cuhrka was standing.

Herra's feminine features glowed as she stood by the towering brute. Herra looked around the room and saw that not all the Jedi council members were present.

“Which of your Jedi Masters’ is not here?” The question wasn’t directed to anyone in particular.
Last edited by kashus_Draith on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

ooc> man I posted a huge one at work during a down time and low and behold... not here. DANG IT :cry:

ic> Seeing Kalja's image in front of him made Daer'Gunn feel better. He had not known how she was and if she was doing alright.

"It does my heart good to see you again Kalja. I hope everything is going well for you. I will get into introductions once the council has arrived but we do have another concern that was just brought to our attention by master Wynn. I will give that information as well once other council members are present."
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Kalja smiled back. “It’s a long story, Daer’Gunn, and I wish I could say I’d be returning to the temple soon, but there’s still work for me to do out here.”

By the fourth day of the return of the Jedi to Onderon, practically all of the patients were in stable condition or recovering. There were few casualties among the survivors, however this was unfortunately due to the fact that most of the Jedi who had received mortal wounds never made it off of Necroa Prime in the first place. Chirushk himself had been without sleep for the entire time. He didn’t sleep often, which was a combination of a species’ trait and his own training in the Force, but four days was starting to push it.

At first it was just treating his patients that had kept him awake, but after he was confident that his staff could handle things, it was his research that chased away any ideas of rest. Deep within the most secure part of the med wing, he kept all of the data and specimens that had been gathered from the encounters with the Cult of Shadow. Only a select few people were granted access, namely himself, Arilyn, L'hnnar, and the members of the Jedi Council.

The Cult of Shadow was repellent in every sense of the word, but Chirushk had to admit that they had some very skilled people serving them. One of the first discoveries the Old Bird had made was that the ink used for the ubiquitous cult tattoos was actually another derivative of Sith poison. Much like the Shadow Poison that had robbed Kalja of her connection, the tattoo poison was self-perpetuating. It meant, in essence, that not only did the Cult of Shadow brand their people, but the brand was another form of control. Like Sith poison, it strengthened one’s connection to the Dark Side of the Force, which was bound to quiet any second thoughts members might ordinarily have had about their work. It helped explain why the cult members were always so fanatical. With a constant source of the poison in their bloodstream, the members would always feel a rush of power.

But the truly devious aspect of it was that it was never enough to cloud the mind if one knew how to control the effects. From all the reports Chirushk had read on encounters with the cult, the Dark Lords were almost always described as being intelligent and collected, which implied to him that the poison, as source of control, was also a way to weed out the weak from the strong. The weak, who let the poison control them, were the fanatical minions, while the strong, who controlled the poison, rose through the ranks and were all the more dangerous for it.

It probably wasn’t an absolute, but it was his current working theory…

What engrossed much of Chirushk’s time lately was the study of the dead Schrai that had been brought back from Necroa Prime. Embarrassingly, none of the Jedi who had been part of that conflict had thought to bring any more specimens back with them. It had been one of their allies - the friend to that impertinent Isis Sinclair girl - that had been blessed with such foresight. Chirushk made a mental note to reprimand the Jedi Council about not teaching the Jedi to look beyond the present. With only one specimen to work with, he had to be careful with how he studied it.

The Schrai was truly amazing - a horrific piece of art. Extremely durable, yet lightweight enough to be able to fly and carry more than their own weight while doing so. Telepathic, heat resistant, two sets of envenomed stingers, visual organs for night and day, and what appeared to be a highly malleable genetic structure. The reports of encounters with so-called berserker variants seemed to confirm that last part. Chirushk was willing to believe there were many more types of Schrai that had yet to be encountered. Like most social insects, there could be all kinds of variations aside from the specimen before him.

He was close to developing an antivenom to the Schrai poison, but his other major project concerning them, discovering a weakness that could be exploited, was much further off. According to the files about Kalja’s encounter with them on the Praxeum Moon, they had apparently been bio-engineered by the ancient Sith to be the perfect anti-Jedi soldiers. It showed. Heat was largely ineffective and freezing seemed to offer no adverse effects on the cell structure either. Electricity seemed to show the most promise, but that was essentially a dead end for Jedi.

Perhaps some way to disrupt their natural telepathic abilities…

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

As patients requiring immediate treatment grew fewer, breaks for the medical staff became more frequent. Delana took the opportunity to find herself a quiet corner within the archives, both to write a 'report' of the occurences on Kothlis, and to check the archives for anything noteworthy. Before, she had left her commcode, and a message to Chirushk in case he could use another pair of eyes where toxicology or alchemy was concerned, now that the med ward had quieted down. The 'old bird' as he had been called occasionally had more or less locked himself away in his lab, restricting access heavily. Thus, that offer would be the final one Delana would be making. Anything more insistant would only strain her disguise.

The archives themselves were filled with an intruiging amount of information - a well-decked library for one, with the occasional oddity of obscurer knowledge. She didn't make the mistake to try and copy anything, instead making manual notes, took a picture of the display when noone was around, or simply committed the information to memory. Not that she found anything of immediate use, but she knew by experience how minor clues could accumulate and change into something useful.

They had found Vectivus' home that way, after all. And from what she gathered from the Jedi here, Sivter had found things of interest as well. It was a shame she couldn't safely find out what information he accessed.

Her comm remained silent for quite a while, so when the sun began to set, she left the archives to find something to eat, datapad with her half-finished Kothlis report in hand.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

It was a short while longer before Adam Sage's image appeared before the assembled group inside the Jedi Council Chambers. He was flank on either side by two armed Mandalorians and Faye and the others present could just vaguely make out the hollow thuds of explosions in the distance. "I apologize for not responding to you sooner, Master Daer'Gunn, but I've been rather busy," he told them.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

A voice was heard as a man entered the room. "I would have activated my holonet display, but I figured since I had dropped out of hyperspace, I could just wait until I actually arrived." He said. His eyes floated over to the people in the room that he didn't know before flicking back over to Daer'Gunn. "Found my errant padawan." He added with a look over at Adam, who nodded his understanding and acknowledgment. Derek had spoken with Adam before about everything concerning Rhyana.

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

“For those that don’t know, this is Paladin Don Cuhrka and High Scribe Herra, both are council member in the Brotherhood of the Force and masters in their field.” Daer’Gunn gestured for Don to come to the middle of the room. “Paladin Cuhrka, you have the floor.”

Don’s body was like a mountain shifting from its base outside the circle and moving towards the center of the room; his light sage skin glistened in the setting raze of Onderon’s star. The light shinning through the windows illuminated the different colors and plants that lined the circular room, giving it a vibrant feel, it felt warm and welcoming-a perfect mood for both orders to conduct business. As he moved his Kath Hound leathered boots clanked against the hard surface of the floor as he approached the center. The clanking suddenly stopped as he made it to the center. He didn’t speak at first, but looked around the room at all the different faces, some were holo-projected from different corners of the galaxy but Don could see every intricate detail of their expressions, all eyes were upon him as he cleared his throat and began the meeting.

“Thank you Daer’Gunn for that introduction.” Don gave a short nod of his head to Daer’Gunn and Daer’Gunn in turn met it with a smile and also a nod of the head.
“We all know what is at stake, Sivter is calling us out. That speech on the Holo-net tells it all. We the Brotherhood thought that the ball was in our court and we were going to make up the rules but after recants evens, we know now that we are playing by Sivter’s rules and dancing to his beat, and there is nothing we can do about it.” Don got some responses from that statement but none spoke out, they stayed silent and waited for Don to finish, but from some of the Council member’s body language entail that they weren’t comfortable what he had said.

Don began to walk in a semi-circle in the middle of the room so to address everyone in the room as he spoke.

“The Brotherhood has been searching for Sivter in secret for many years and just recently, the past month or so, he has been putting forth resources in finding an ancient weapon known as the Necromonus, now, from what Sivter said during his speak, he has something in store for us. I do not believe it is Necromonus. From what my agents gathered, Sivter put a Dark Lord in charge of finding this ancient weapon of doom. The Dark Lord is none other then Vlad’druin, an Arkanian offshoot. Before his fall to the darkside, he was a professor at the Arkanian Academy of History. In his search, he has employed a secret and up and coming network of Companies and spy rings, it is only known as the Organization. The mercenaries we fought on Yavin’s moon was from a security company in the employment of this Organization and we have evidence that this organization is in fact working with the Cult of Shadow directly through Vlad’druin.”

“How did you come by this information?” Adam Sage’s holographic image spoke; his voice was a bit distorted from the holo feed and his image sometimes flickered out for a second or so when he spoke. It was interference from the battle that raged on in the background.

“I fought Vlad’druin’s past Apprentice Rae’fear on Necroa Prime. He was captured and is being detained on the Vindication as I speak.”

Faye crossed her hands and bit down hard on her lip as Daer’Gunn lightly places his large hand on her tiny shoulder. She looked up at him and he met her gaze with a warm smile, letting her know that it was okay.

“Now that said, who we are and what we do will be defined in our actions after today. I have an option to what we should do. I have come to the conclusion after thinking about it long and hard. I have taken everything in consideration and come to the conclusion that we don’t act. Sivter wants us to act so he can trap us again like he did on Necroa Prime. I suggest we wait, let him make the first move and while we catch him in the act, we pounce on him with everything we have. The greatest of hunters wait for their pray to come to them and I believe that is the only way we will be able to get close to Sivter.” Don looked around the room, his locks moving to the motion of his head. “Is there any objections to my course of action?” Don stood in silence waiting for one of the Jedi Council members to speak.
Last edited by kashus_Draith on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"That course of action is ill advised," Faye cautioned, "Not knowing anything about Sivter's plans how can we be sure that 'everything we have' will even be enough? Sivter is confident that he will win, otherwise he wouldn't have so boldly announced his next target. If we try to overpower him with force of arms then I fear the battle will be over before it has even begun."

"So, what is it you suggest then," Don asked, giving her a steely gaze.

"That we focus our battle strategy on getting to Sivter," Faye answered, calmly returning his look. "Sivter will be expecting a fleet waiting for him to attack, so we give him one. Then, in the chaos of battle we launch a small stealth ship and infiltrate Sivter's Flagship. Killing Sivter and cutting off the head of the Cult of Shadow is the only way to end this war."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Information." Derek said. "In this situation it is the lack thereof that fuels our problems. We cannot send all of our forces anywhere nor can we afford to keep them in a few key places. For all we know this is the trap that he sent. We don't know what his target will be until he strikes. We don't know what the reactions to that message are from various governments around the galaxy, do we? What if Sivter's plan isn't to actually strike somewhere? What if he makes it look like that we react and then we're in the middle of Imperial territory looking like aggressors? The peace we have with the Empire could be shattered.". Derek said. He shook his head slowly. "Faye is right. We need to try to put on a show of force and allow him to come to us. Doing nothing does not work because by the time we get intelligence on where he is and with what forces and mobilize everything we have, he'll be gone in hyperpsace. At the same time, we need a force of Jedi to be actively looking for him, gathering intelligence on him so that we can better find our foe.". His eyes narrowed slightly, almost daring someone to contradict his next statement. "I think I know better than most the speed of intelligence and what it can do in a situation."

"We can't really do in a few days what Tulsar has been trying for years, old friend." Adam said.

"No, but we need a fusion of Faye and Don's plans. Do something but be sure that what we're doing isn't going to play into Sivter's hands. Since we don't know if what we will do will or won't play into his hands and we can't do everything we need to get more intelligence."

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alliera nodded, agreeing with the Master Jedi. Alliera then looked at the Holographic Displays again and noticed something important, the Holomessage Indicator was blinking, indicating that at least one message was waiting. "Uh masters, i appologize for Interupting." Alliera said, Gesturing to the Message Indicator "but you seem to have a message or Two Waiting..."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“Thank you,” Kalja replied for the council. “We’ll get to it as soon as we’re done with this topic of conversation.”

She looked at her fellow Jedi Council members, having listened to their thoughts and concerns. “With the exception of my father, I believe it’s fair to say that no one knows Sivter better than I do. There are a few solid facts about him I can relate for everyone. First, as Faye has said, I have never known him to lie about anything. He will manipulate the truth for his benefit, but nothing he’s said has ever been an outright lie. He also doesn’t commit himself to anything unless he believes his victory is assured. He’s as cautious and paranoid as he is devious and cunning.”

“For this reason, I’m sure Sivter will do exactly as he has described. Worse… I have to agree with Don that I don’t believe he’ll be using the Necromonus to accomplish it. He said he would wipe a planet clean of all life. That, to me, doesn’t appear to describe the Necromonus’s abilities since the artifact doesn’t kill everything, otherwise no Jedi would have made it back from Necroa Prime.” Kalja looked at her fellow council members. “I fear he has something else in store... something perhaps even worse than the Necromonus.”

“We also need to pay close attention to how he described his future actions, since I can assure you Sivter picked his words carefully. There has been a misconception with some people believing that he’s going to destroy a planet. This is not so. I’ll repeat again that he said he would clean it of all life. I believe that whatever he plans to try will leave the planet intact. This suggests to me some kind of virus or other contagion that will destroy any living thing. We know the cult is adept at poisons. It could be that they’ve developed something extremely potent.” She sighed. “It’s not much to go on, but at least we can take small comfort that Sivter apparently doesn’t have a Death Star-level weapon at his disposal.”

“There is something else to remember as well, my friends,” she added with a grim look. “Sivter’s actions are rarely as straightforward as they appear to be on the surface. He will do exactly as he says, but maybe not for the reasons we believe. Our own Battle of Onderon should be proof enough of that. Whatever his intentions, you can be assured that he will try to twist our response to his threat to best suit his agenda. I believe our best chance at victory is to try and cause him to underestimate us and then strike decisively with everything we have.”

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

“Any suggestions on how we can do that, Master Leidias?” Herra spoke up.

“If I may intercede, if we act first then we will play right into Sivter’s hands, we must be decisive in our actions when Sivter strikes. I believe we gather all our intelligence and monitor every potential target. Sivter must have a pattern he goes by? Is there any chance he will attack a place similar to Vorzyd five?” John asks.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“All I can say for sure is that he’ll strike somewhere that will leave a lasting impact,” Kalja replied. “I doubt he’ll go after someplace like Tatooine, for example, since it is so remote and sparsely populated. He could be planning to attack Onderon again, or our new temple on Ossus. He may even play it more devious and attack some important Sith world to try and provoke more people to his cause.”

“Without knowing what exactly he plans to use in his attack, it’s difficult to narrow down the list of possible targets. It could be a center of commerce, the capital planet for a government, an important shipyard world, a cherished world of culture and the arts, and so on,” Kalja elaborated. “Sivter can twist any number of possible worlds he targets into serving his purposes and we simply don’t have the manpower to cover everything. He has no pattern that I can see other than striking somewhere that will provide a big reaction from the galactic community.”

“Ordinarily I would suggest looking to see where reports of cult activity are the most prevalent and focusing our attention there, but Sivter is a master of controlling information. Cult activity seems to be fairly evenly spread out. I’ve been fortunate enough to be allowed to see some reports from Imperial Intelligence about their efforts to track down Sivter and the cult. Although it’s best to assume the reports I was given were highly abbreviated, the end conclusion is inescapable: the Empire isn’t having any more success than we are.” She looked at the other members. “Do we know if anybody else is having better luck?”

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

"Bait." The word erupted from his mouth before he even knew he had said it. Everyone turned directly towards him as he met the eyes of those around him.

"You see it in nature everywhere. Animals will put some small part of themselves out as bait for a predator. The first nibble, the animal does nothing, but once the enemy has committed itself enough, the animal strikes and then it he fight is over. Master Faye said we need to strike the head and watch the rest fall, then we need some bait so juicy that Sivter could not help but lead the fight himself or maybe on of his trusted generals. We could take a large enough chunk from Sivter and his ego that he makes a mistake. When he does we move in with all of our combined might and end it once and for all."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“There’s only one thing I know of that the Jedi have that Sivter still wants,” Kalja replied. “Me.” She looked away. “And it’s already been attempted. Although Delth was eventually able to kill a Dark Lord Sivter sent after me known as Vok Ruvege, who I believe was highly placed within the cult, the price we paid for it was too much. Too many innocent people lost their lives. Just one was too many.”

“The tragedy at Vorzyd V, the destruction at Sernpidal, the hostage situation on Chandrila… the root behind all those terrible events was Sivter’s interest in me.” She looked back at everyone. “From my experience, I must argue that your analogy is flawed, Daer’Gunn. It isn’t a single animal that will do the biting, it will be a swarm. I can’t go through that again – more to the point, I have reasons not to go through with it again that I didn’t before.” She closed her eyes and sighed regretfully. “Reasons that I can’t risk discussing over a holonet connection. I'm sorry.”

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"You may not have to Make that Risk Master Jedi." Alliera said, Then bowed Appologeticly "My Appologies for speaking out of Turn Masters, but i think i have an idea, if you would allow me..."

after a Moment of Silence, Alliera Continued. "We could Trick Sivter into thinking your on a Ship near his stomping grounds." Alliera said, Smirking "and when he's busy trying to take that ship, we send in a Strike team to Take out Sivter and Rescue the Hostage."

"What Hostage?" Kalja asked, raising an Eyebrow at the Young Apprentice

"Caitlyn, i failed her in the last battle, and now Sivter has her." Alliera said. looking at the ground regretfully "that Creature that was persuing her overpowered me."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“Absolutely not!” Kalja objected, albeit a little more strongly than she had intended. With a quick calming breath, she resumed her composure. “What I mean to say is I understand how you feel about what happened to Caitlyn, but even if I was comfortable with this plan, it would be irresponsible to put a Padawan in that kind of situation.”

“It’s not easy to fool Sivter,” she added, “and while my aura in the Force isn’t exactly subtle, it's not easy to replicate either. It’s very large and very bright. Not many Jedi can pull that off. Jana is one of the best illusionists we have, but even she wasn’t good enough to draw out Sivter on Sernpidal. We got Vok instead.”

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Rhyana couldn't believe her eyes when she had gotten back to Onderon. The number of people there had jumped since last she had been a part of the Temple. Her old quarters had managed to still be free and she had gotten herself back in there. She had heard about what had happened on Necroa Prime. It had been a terrible battle, that had been hard fought on both sides. She had also learned what had happened to a number of her friends. The Temple, despite having had the news of the battle to talk about, was still talking about Akain's outburst and his subsequent departure from the Temple. Once she had heard about that, Rhyana had made it a point on her agenda to find Caitlyn and speak with her. At least, it had been a point until she had heard what had happened to Caitlyn during the battle.

She was relieved to find out that nothing too drastic had happened to Tone. She was more worse for wear after Akain's attack than from the battle. Also, she had learned that another Silserian was at the Temple, Sona Nevri. She remembered Sona from their days back on Silseris and was eager to meet up with the Bol'zeri tribe woman. Rhyana had been disheartened a bit when she had been told about Renato's fight with Arksis Nan on Necroa Prime and the result of the duel. She had managed to feed her children and had put them to bed before heading out to speak with people and catch up on everything that had happened.

Now she was back in her quarters, wondering how she was going to get back into the swing of things when it came to training. For some reason, Derek was now able to see her the way she really was. She had put on a lot of weight because of the pregnancy and she was eager to start trimming off the pounds. If anything, she wanted to do it for health reasons. No longer was she going to tolerate being unable to defend herself if someone attacked her or her two boys. Derek was at the Jedi Council meeting, otherwise she would have asked him for his advice on how to get back into her training.

She wanted to train and to be a part of the Jedi Order, but she didn't care about her status. She didn't care if they wanted to label her as a padawan or as a knight. A part of her didn't want to even be considered a padawan or a knight or a master or anything. She simply wished to be. Rhyana didn't feel as though the terms applied to her, after what she had been through and furthermore, she didn't feel as worthy of being in the pool of candidates for knighthood after the mistakes that she had made. She already knew that Derek would disagree with her, but once he saw that she had made up her mind, he would support her to the best of his ability. It was one of the reasons why Rhyana loved him.

There was a knock on her door.

Rhyana rose and stepped over towards it as the door slid apart. Tone Krellisk stepped inside, with Sona. The two Silserians smiled at Rhyana "Alo'akre." Tone and Sona said, and both lifted their hands and pressing their fingers to their foreheads as a sign of respect before lowering their hands back to their respective sides.

Rhyana laughed. "You two really don't have to do that." She said.

"But you're a new mother. It's customary to show all new mother's immense respect, for-" Tone said and then Rhyana and Sona chimed in, all at the same time, "you have delivered the next generation, who shall be a step ahead and above of you." They said, finishing the lessons that they had received when they were children.

"Can we see them?" Sona asked, a clear look of anticipation on her face, one that Tone shared.

Rhyana nodded. "Of course." She said. She gestured behind her to where the two children were. Tone and Sona walked over to the two cribs and peered over the edge at the two babies. Both women were reduced to baby loving messes. Tone cooed and picked Sahaja up, while Sona had Jaidev in her arms a few seconds later. Both babies responded by smiling and looking into the two women's eyes. Jaidev reached up and grabbed Sona's nose, while Sahaja wrapped some of Tone's long locks around his hand and brought it to his mouth. Tone giggled and pulled her hair gently from his grasp.

"Almost makes you want one." Sona said.

"I suppose." Tone said, her voice betraying what she really thought.

"As punishment for rudely interrupting my two babies' naps and waking them up," Rhyana said with a smile, "I want you two to tell me everything that happened to you. I mean, I got the general idea, and then I got various perspectives, but nothing what happened from the people who experienced it first hand." She said.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"Master Dophi has taught my padawan everything she knows and from what little I've seen of her training Elena has a natural talent for the art that I have not seen in any other," Faye broke in suddenly. Then she raised an eyebrow and looked directly at Kalja. "Perhaps two illusionists can succeed where one has failed?"

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

“If you mean me, master Jed: I’m a Mandalorian, trained and Bred for war.” Alliera said, Unholstering and Twirling her Pistols playfully before holstering them again “and if you mean Caitlyn: She’s already his prisoner, subject to the unknown.” Alliera walked to the center of the Council Chamber, Running her hands through her hair idly. “It doesn’t have to be that specific bait, but we can’t use a fleet-destraction.” Alliera said, Looking at Kalja’s Hologram “You say he’s expecting a fleet, and you say he’s hard to trick, what if he sees through the Distraction?” Alliera shook her head to get her thoughts in line, “Too many died at Necroa Prime, what I am Suggesting is a Way to Lower the Prospective Casualties if the worst happens on the Mission.” “ I know that sounds callous.” Alliera said, Holding up her hands defencively “But the sword has clearly failed here, multiple times, what I suggest is the preverbial dagger.”

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

“Calm yourself young one, your spirit does you credit but your manors leave much to be desired. Calm in all things.” He replied lifting his hand. He sighed a bit to himself. Another torpedo beat up against the hull of the ship creating static in his image and a large banging sound. “Any plan we make cannot rely on absolutes;

The living are soft and yielding;
the dead are rigid and stiff.
Living plants are flexible and tender;
the dead are brittle and dry.
Those who are stiff and rigid
are the disciple of death.
Those who are soft and yielding
are the disciples of life.
The rigid and stiff will be broken.
The soft and yielding will overcome.”

He paused for a moment and stared. “Any plan that relies on absolutes will lead to failure. We are defenders of life. Sivter is a cunning opponent by all accounts he will attempt to unbalance us putting us on a reactionary footing. One of my Mandalorian friends has suggested that the art of war is simple enough. You find out where the enemy is, hit them as hard as you can, and as fast as you can and keep moving on. We are on the back foot. We don’t know where the enemy is, we don’t know where they will strike. We need to be fluid and ever changing in order to best react to any attack possible..” He bit his lower lip as he stepped back from the display and consulted with one of the deck officers, a small dug. “Information is how this war will be won, and we are seriously lacking it.”

"I understand Master Jedi, i really do." Alliera said, Smoothing out her hair as she took several calming breaths "But we need a Basic Plan we can work with, and this is the best option, Large applications of Force have a history of not working with this guy..."

"We need more information in order to make a 'foolproof' plan." As he said foolproof his voice changed into a sarcastic tone. "We must remain flexible, those who know the man the best should give their advice." Another impact tremor ruined the perfect holograph of the Jedi Master.
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

"All the information that is available was in Sivter's message."

Don grew impatient with the meeting, there was too much talking going on and not enough action. No one was saying anything new. Nothing came up with a direct course of action worth acting on. Don believed his suggestion was the best course of action but if they could apply some of the elements that the others had suggested, they might be able to trap Sivter in the act.

"We don't have enough time to gather new information. I suggest we keep our eyes and ears out for Sivter ship. I am confident he wouldn't come out of hiding without it. Maybe the best option for right now is to monitor the trade lanes."

"He wouldn't use the public lanes, he would have been detected by now." Herra said gaining Don's attention.

"Precisely, we need to look up any old trade lanes that haven't been in use for decades. Sivter was able to travel from Yavin IV to the Core systems without alerting anyone. But that is only half the problem, what is our decision on acting on Sivter's threat?" Don looked around the room to all the Jedi Council members.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

"I received no message when I was fighting on Sabii. We were blocked off from all communications. I haven't had time to examine its contents between crisis's." Adam said calmly. He too wished for a speedier conclusion.

"Search old trade lanes, newly discovered lanes destabilized lanes that are dangerous and those that are known secrets to smugglers and pirates... the amount of space is incalculable to cover. Its impossible however it seems since no new information is available that instead we need to react." Looking around he consulted once again with the Dug Officer. "The Republic Fifth Fleet is available to help act as a reactionary force. In addition to that I've been helping to train more Antarian Rangers on the planet of Elysium in the Anari Alliance." He paused and typed into the consul in front of him. "I'm sending you information on how to contact them to further help with monitoring. We need a well organized reaction force if we're going to make this work. If we spread out the net and try to keep the holes as small as possible sticking off the main routes we seem to have the best chance." Adam paused looking at the vast amount of space, "While we wait we can also try to gather more information. Send people to former cult sites or places suspected of cult activity. Information is ammunition and right now we're desperately low. Where does he get his ships? Where does he get his guns? Where does he get his soldiers?"
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“In the end, I believe trying to trick Sivter will only harm out efforts to stop him,” Kalja said to them as she nodded in acknowledgement of Adam's contribution. “It may not be easy to accept, but the fact is that he’s simply better at it than we are. It’s his very way of life to deceive and manipulate. No Jedi should be able to say the same. Anything we attempt on his level is sure to be turned against us. I say this not to discourage efforts to stop him, but to hopefully place us on a path that will garner better results.”

“If we’re going to stop Sivter now, then I don’t believe we can do it alone. We need to reach out and unite our efforts. Republic, Imperial, anyone who has a stake in this – we should be trying to coordinate everybody’s efforts and present a unified front. Let the Jedi act as mediators for the disparate factions of the galaxy, as our order was always intended to be.” Kalja looked at the assembled members in the room. “It’s a bold initiative, I admit, but I think it can be done. It’s something I don’t believe Sivter will be expecting.”

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

A small insect buzzed through a corridor. Stopped at a corner as a pair of initiates stepped past, hiding behind one of the plants lining the walls. The initiates disappeared, and it left its hiding place, past the corner, all along the corridor until it found an open window to leave the temple. It circled around - halfway joined by a second insect. Another window was found, and they flew inside again. Inside that room, a blackhaired female just opened a box - more insects rested inside. The two newcomers landed, and went still, unmoving, their task done.

Delana closed the box, and stashed it into her bag. Just another little collection of puzzle pieces. She'd have time to extract the data the tiny spy drones gathered on the ship. She'd need a lot of time as a matter of fact to sweep through all the data she had gathered.
Not that there were truly mentionable gains. Randomly gathered data rarely contained such, but she never intended to find something specific in the first place. She did find topics worth further investigation, of course. The Orders new allies, this so called 'Brotherhood of the Force'. Sivters pet beasts, the Schrai. She had talked to numerous Jedi about both topics - they were topics the Jedi often spoke of at the time anyway. Her primary regret was that Chrirushk had no interest in sharing his laboratory exploits - the security precautions taken about lab entry were in heavy contrast to the temple security in general. She had to admit having misjudged the Jedi - gaining temple access was simple, getting anywhere important not equally so. A shame.

Now, her Kothlis report had been filed - most importantly, the artifacts and tomes had been listed as destroyed. And the med ward no longer needed her as urgent, so she had decided it was time to leave. She was confident to keep up her disguise as long as necessary - especially with the help of the amulet Velok had provided for her little trip - but the moment she had to use her force abilities to any major degree her cover would disintegrate into thin air, and she wasn't all that keen on trying to fight off the half a dozen Jedi Masters on Onderon, not to mention the myriads of Knights. No, her task was done, and more work awaited in Sith space. She was curious how far the 'Dark Council' had progressed.

She shouldered her bag, then left the room, heading for her ship.