Exodus Cantina Tales

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

31st Century Troubadour

Exodus Cantina Tales

Post by Enriler »

Ah… the Exodus Cantina Tales

This is an open thread with one Main goal—Test characters and writing styles—

The idea behind this thread is simple, there will be an established and Exodus Cannon available cantina available for the purpose of short stories and character development.

This is not meant to be an ongoing story continued throughout multiple posts… I cannot stress this enough—Instead this is more the type of place where an individual goes to create a single post in order to either develop their character, test their character’s likability, or even to practice writing for a character or groups of characters.

Along with the idea of the individual post, this can also be an enjoyable place for two or more members to practice writing together in a harmonious thread.

To recap, this cantina does 2 things: allows for an IC practice thread that does not affect any galaxy-wide outcomes, and test a character or writing style.

There is a main bartender, Luigios, is a Khommite. For those who don’t know, they are basically a genderless species developed as clones of the originals. This species is also known for conformity and doing everything they can to keep the status quo. Luigios is no different. As you use him in your stories, which you have full permission to do, he is to remain factionless, neutral, and afraid of change. He likes things staying the same, remaining simple, and will side with whichever group is in control of the galaxy.

Luigios is accompanied by several on and off workers, who you can make up as you like, but there are four recurring characters within this bar beyond Luigios.

1: MastR-T: Backup Bartender on nights that Luigios is not working, and main bartender on nights he is. MastR-T is a MixRMastR series droid
2: Lola: also a MixRMastR series droid, Lola is a waitress who assists those in the bar. She is good at remembering faces, names, and random facts about patrons.
3: The Khommite Boredom: This band, comprised of three Nautolan musicians. They play 6 days a week
4: Julix Sapphire: Julix is an older woman, often drunk, who can usually be found in near the bar. She is deceptively skilled at gambling games, pazaak being one of many she has mastered, but she NEVER cheats.

In order to do this, there are some important rules that must be followed.

Individual Posts: Where an individual posts for the purpose of developing a character or writing style, or just to have fun with this setting
1: You must contain your entire story to 1 post. Whether long or short, this does not matter.
2: You can use all of the characters I have provided, but you must not make them act beyond their typical character.
3: Your story does not need to take place entirely in the cantina, but the majority must take place within the cantina walls
4. You cannot kill or seriously injure a main cantina character

Multiple Writers Posting Together: This is specifically for those who would like to practice writing together without the possibility of messing up the thread where their main character’s story is.
1: Before beginning these posts, you must message me so that I am aware of the multiple-thread storyline
2: There is no limit to the number of posts, or the time that is needed to create them. I only ask that you please be respectful and courteous of others with your posting. Thank you

As I follow the Cantina stories, there is the possibility of more rules being added to this thread. Please be mindful, as I may be forced to ask that someone changed the content of their post or delete it entirely if it does not follow the nature of this thread.

I am hoping this can be an opportunity for fun, quick stories. If you feel like I have missed something, or if there is something I can change to make this thread better, please PM me and I will do my best to correct or add that something.

Enjoy, the Exodus Cantina
Last edited by Enriler on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31st Century Troubadour

Re: Exodus Cantina Tales

Post by Enriler »

I have not yet decided what planet this cantina will be on. As soon as I receive some general interest, we will put it to a vote and place the cantina on an exciting world.

Please, PM me if you have any questions.

The actual thread will be created once I have the planet decided on.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

For the record, this is a kick booty idea
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
31st Century Troubadour

Post by Enriler »

Mir wrote:For the record, this is a kick booty idea
Thanks Mir, I'm excited to start this.

I think this will be a fun outlet. I know personally, when I am focused on writing one or two stories for a long time, writing a random non-essential story can be a way to let out a little steam and do things to characters you have thought of but don't want to worry about the long lasting effects.

May the force be with this thread, and with those who contribute :oldrazz: :yoda:
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Mir wrote:For the record, this is a kick booty idea
Seconded.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
31st Century Troubadour

Post by Enriler »

I created a second thread to be used for the planet vote. Please take the time to cast your vote, I would like to have this Cantina up and running by the middle of next week.

http://www.sw-e.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 41#p288141
31st Century Troubadour

Post by Enriler »

The Thread is up and running.
31st Century Troubadour

Post by Enriler »

We have a good start to this Cantina. Remember, it is for those who are just looking for a fun unattached thread.

I am hoping to see more people post on this soon.

Also, I want to practice some of my writing skills, so I would like someone to create a character (or aspects of a character) for me to write about in the first person... I feel like it would be a good challenge.
31st Century Troubadour

Post by Enriler »

Enriler wrote: Multiple Writers Posting Together: This is specifically for those who would like to practice writing together without the possibility of messing up the thread where their main character’s story is.
1: Before beginning these posts, you must message me so that I am aware of the multiple-thread storyline
2: There is no limit to the number of posts, or the time that is needed to create them. I only ask that you please be respectful and courteous of others with your posting. Thank you
I adjusted these rules to make it easier to post with other people. I have learned better how this forum works, and this better addresses the ability for people to post together.

Post by Nichalus »

What city/settlement is the cantina in?
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
31st Century Troubadour

Post by Enriler »

Nichalus wrote:What city/settlement is the cantina in?
Tatooine.

Post by Nichalus »

Enriler wrote:
Tatooine.
Umm that's the planet. I need a city on Tatooine where the cantina is. :)
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
31st Century Troubadour

Post by Enriler »

Nichalus wrote:
Enriler wrote:
Tatooine.
Umm that's the planet. I need a city on Tatooine where the cantina is. :)
Sorry, Mos Espa